Optical Inspection System for Instrument Clusters
The TOM Combi-Line, produced by GÖPEL electronic, is an optical inspection system which is ideal for prototype and evaluation testing of instrument clusters in any type of vehicle. The inspection tasks carried out by the TOM Combi-Line include checking display contents such as icons or characters.
Depending on the application, the compact desktop model can be fitted with up to three 20-MegaPixel cameras.
The image capture of the instrument clusters is not done directly but via integrated mirror assemblies. One special feature is the flexible test item bracket, which allows optical inspection of any kind of instrument cluster.
The software tool TOM Line has a vast number of different functions with a comprehensive image-processing library. There are also opportunities for incorporating and configuring CCD and CMOS cameras with digital interfaces such as FireWire, GigE or USB.
With the easyOCR feature, Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, and East Asian characters can be inspected reliably and without any elaborate learning process. The easySymbolMatch function combines the automatic generation of classifiers for symbol recognition with ultra-efficient object detection.
The Automotive Package add-on module offers you special functions tailored to the automotive industry for testing instrument clusters and head-up displays. This also includes static and dynamic tests as well as switching time measurement of symbols. With the focus on automotive, interaction with CAN bus systems is also possible.
Further highlights in the TOM Line software version 4.0:
- complete Windows 10/64 bit support
- Connection to LVDS frame grabber G CAR 6222 Video Dragon
- faster image acquisition when used with a multi-camera system
- ASIA OCR: Optimised recognition of Asian characters
- automatic storage of test programs in XML format for easy reading and editing by external software tools
- Compact and flexible system for display test
- Industrial Image Processing Software and System Solutions