X Line · 3D
The X Line · 3D is an inline AXI system for high-end inspection in mass production. It is used for quality assurance in complex and high-quality assemblies at a high testing speed.
The three-dimensional X-ray inspection captures both the top and bottom sides within a continuous process. By combining X-ray inspection (AXI) with an AOI module, inspection tasks can also be carried out which are not possible using X-ray alone (AXOI).
The system is available in various speed configurations and can be adapted to the customer-specific test strategies by means of two different image acquisition concepts.
- X-ray inspection of single/double-sided PCBs
- BGA inspection
- QFN, DFN, LGA testing
- testing for voids
- testing of the rear solder meniscus on gull-wing pins
Reliable 3D X-ray for Formula 1 and NASA applications
Abaco Manufacturing Systems (AMS) is a British EMS provider. The company specialises in highly complex products in the high-mix/low-volume sector, manufacturing in batch sizes of 1 to 500.
- assemblies with „Face-to-Face“ assembly with BGAs
- BGAs are populated congruently on the top and bottom side of the assemblies
- 5 mm thick 28-multilayer assembly provided with a shield plate in some areas
Programming Software - PILOT AXI
... a software for AXI test program generation. The inspection process wizard allows fast and intuitive programming. The offline programming concept reduces machine downtimes.
- extensive AXI/AXOI component library
- CAD data import (ODB++, GenCAD, Gerber data, insertion data)
- integrated debugging statistics for fast optimization of inspection programs
- full offline programming away from the production line
- intelligent data management for storing test results
- numerous test functions for X-ray and AOI inspection
Machine Control Software – PILOT Inspect
... a machine control software for unified control of GOEPEL electronic inspection systems. The touch screen operating concept for accessing apps provides intuitive handling as well as clear and structured presentation of the most important information.
- operation and control of inspection systems via system PC as well as on mobile devices
- short training time through integrated information texts and video tutorials
- software based on various apps (for example inspection, fault statistics, calibration, machine state)
- status display on PILOT Inspect start page
- reduced machine downtimes through targeted fault diagnosis with status display and troubleshooting hints
- interaction with software module PILOT Connect
- communication with MES systems
All-over 2D/3D X-ray inspection with
- x-ray inspection of all concealed and visible solder joints
- scanning image acquisition
- IPC compliant solder joint inspection
- flexible use for 2D and 3D inspection